Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Flashback Tuesday: From the Booth

May 24, 2013

Starting narration for Colony by A J Colucci today for Audible.  46th book for them since last October.  This one is a new genre for me: thriller/suspense and a bit of gory horror about a new killer breed of large ant colonies eating up New Yorkers.  My husband said this may be the audio book of mine that he finally hears.  (I've only narrated over 60 of them!)  Third contract for Audible.  10th book for contract.  Last contract was an entire series: Aunt Dimity by Nancy Atherton.  First contract had my first stab at series work: Susan Dunlap's Jill Smith Detective Series and Sun Wolf/Star Hawk by Barbara Hambly.  Lots of tracking characters. Also lot of pronunciation research, especially with Barbara Hambly's stuff as her places and characters names are all completely made up by her.  I've also had my first conversations with authors: Nancy Atherton, Barbara Hambly, Lois Duncan, whose book Who Killed My Daughter I narrated at the beginning of this contract.  Also a genre first: first person account by living author who references many living people.  The story was also a first for me, telling it in Lois Duncan's voice recounting the 20+ year-old unsolved murder of her daughter, hoping making it public will help solve the crime.  I've decided I'm going to begin keeping little periodic notes of this journey I'm on narrating audio books from a sound proof booth at my house, while I'm full-time parenting my 2nd grade son, Sam.  


No comments:

Post a Comment