Thursday, January 9, 2014

Flashback: 9/30/1992 on the TV show The Untouchables

I'm on a journal review jag - must be the new year - and highly amused at finding an entry about my first time getting work (albeit extra) on a TV show in Chicago.  Since it's still on my bucket list to do TV episodic (and considering the near dozen auditions for the upcoming new A&E show Those Who Kill I did recently with no booking) I thought I'd post it.

I'm a wedding guest on The Untouchables that shoots tomorrow morning!  God willing.  They were talking about doing it next week instead.  It's a small scene and we were just added and I got fitted by 'Heather' in a great 1918 costume with little gloves and a coat (insert poorly drawn rendition.)  The dress is rust colored and looks great with my hair.  Heather said she was being extra kind to me when I asked her if everyone looked this cool.  Sally (Lobe at Studio City Casting) told me the "No's" on set: No picture taking & never talk to anyone except the extras and the coordinator unless they talk to you first.  I wonder whose playing the leads?  I wonder who Capone is? I'm so excited.  God, please let it be shot tomorrow.  (Insert random notes on how to get to set, "Claim Check #769 Wedding Guest," & crew information including director (Ernest Dickerson) & 1st AD (Dale White.)

Note: I did get to set which was at the old Pullman Train Station in south Chicago and the scene was Al Capone's wedding reception.  I remember seeing the scene on TV, but not me, as it was a montage that was in sepia, happened very fast and the wedding guests were all blurred out.  
As one of Capone's prostitutes the second time I appeared on the TV show The Untouchables, this directed by Tucker Gates & seen on the episode "Pagano's Folly!"



No comments:

Post a Comment